Friday, October 22, 2010

Today is going to be a great day! I believe it!

Does it FEEL like it will be a good day?  or Do I BELIEVE it will be a good day?

That is how I woke up the other day.  I grabbed hold of a good principle yesterday and I have been really blessed so I will share it with you all.  If you are follower of Jesus, this will make more sense but if you are not it will still make an impact in your daily life if you let the principle work in you. 

So, the situation was that awoke on a normal day before school and started my day as I always do.  I didn't wake up feeling especially empowered or excited about the day.  The day before I felt much more energized and excited about the day, but this time it wasn't the same.  I didn't feel like it was going to be an amazing day filled with joy and laughter and good things encountering me and good people loving on me and God filling me with His affections.  It just felt like an average, maybe even a below average morning.  I ended up reading part of a book by Smith Wigglesworth (preacher in the late 1800's) and getting hold of the revelation that we are not supposed to live out of feelings alone.  I was then reminded that if we lived our lives by our feelings we would be called "feelers", instead we are called "believers"!  I immediately thought about how I was feeling that morning and realized that I needed to fix my mind on what I knew to be true based on what God says in the Bible.  I know that God has told me that He is always with me, and He always wants to bless me, to give me joy and love every day!  Never is there a day that is not designed to make me a happy son, filled with His love and acceptance.  WoW!!!  If that is the case, is there ever a place to have a bad day?  Even if things appear to go bad, God promises to make great and wonderful things out of the crappy things that happen to and around us, even if WE are the one's that cause it!  After that, I decided to change the way I thought about that coming day.  I went and worshiped God and gave Him thanks for the promises that I believed in (even though I wasn't feeling them).  In less than 10 minutes I was laughing and rejoicing that I was going to have an amazing day!!!!! 

So with that being said, here is a quick video that Jessica and I made that morning!  Be filled with joy and hopeful expectation in the day!  (tomorrow is looking better by the second!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home